Saturday Night Cont. - Arrival in London
Sunday Morning - Info Over Breakfast
- Pack arrives in London with Bob via Travel on top of Big Ben.
- Find the cloud spirit near the Tower of London - track it down and speak with it
- Cloud doesn't like Jack (calls him a liar) but doesn't know where to find him or the silver lining.
- Says that we should check out the Raven's Watch neighborhood of London - there's a flower shop there.
- Quick side trip made to Raven's Watch (still Umbral)
- Discover many flower shops in the area. Nothing jumps out.
- See an origami spirit on the street. It re-folds itself from a flower to a crane and then to a frog. Darcy takes a picture and it runs away into a flower shop (Terry's Tulips). Pack enters shop and Darcy apologizes for taking the picture and offers a folded dollar bill as payment (spirit now in the form of a basket). Dollar is absorbed into spirit, which now has some green in it.
- Conversation is attempted and spirit changes into a soldier with a spear. Communicates by tapping staff and it seems that 1 = yes and 2 = no, but this isn't clear nor does it seem consistant.
- Lana opens a door that leads to the basement (anyone remember why?) Hides herself using Pheobe's Veil and investigates. Discovers Maytan (now an ancestor spirit) and a few others brewing a perfume using essence from the origami spirits - presumably the perfume that we had suspected was hiding Wyrm taint. Takes one vial and the pack exits the shop.
- Origami spirit (still a soldier, and will be from this point on unless stated otherwise) leaves with us, riding Bob.
- Pack goes to find a place to rest for the night since it's now 3-4 AM locally. Settle down for the night with Trash Heap - the same one as back home.
Early Sunday Afternoon - Meeting with the Elders
- In the morning the Origami spirit is in the process of constructing an elaborate castle from the trash. Darcy asks to take a picture. Origami spirit folds into a dragon and poses.
- Pack goes to get some breakfast (scones) to eat in a park using the little bit of British money Lana has from O'aka's pack. Nicole does some begging in case we need more British pounds later. Pack uses this time to try to plan their next move.
- Lana (who is still carrying the vial) notices that her vision is blurry and unfocused.
- Performs experiment on a wind-up toy soldier purchased in a tourist shop. A drop from the vial causes the soldier to do flips instead of walk - its nature has been changed.
- Suspect that carrying the vial is influencing her vision given the Weaver-y-ness of her eyes. Darcy agrees to hold the vial and Lana's vision immediately clears up.
- Origami spirit (still with us) tries to fight the wind-up soldier. Crawls from one of Nicole's pockets to another to fight it. Nicole tries giving it a corner of the waxy paper that had held her scone to appease it but it doesn't work.
- Decide to talk to one of the local packs about the flower shop issue. Bob (being from London himself) knows something about the locals and tells us about the pack who owns that territory.
- Four Rank 2 Fiannas lead by a man named Liam. Includes a man named Terry - the shop owner.
- Surrounded by another pack of Fianna, some Glass Walkers, and some Bone Gnawers (whose territory we're currently in) lead by Manhole.
- Points out someone in the park who he knows is part of Manhole's pack. We approach him.
- Nicole offers popcorn.
- We asks if he knows anything about the flower shop, etc. and he isn't entirely cooperative. Nicole offers one of her doubloons as bribery, which he accepts. He's clearly aware of what's going on there, but isn't willing to do anything about it because he doesn't want to start trouble (something like that?). Doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.
- Refuses to set up a meeting with Manhole to talk about it, but makes it clear that they won't do anything. Says that if we want to take care of it ourselves he'd be more than willing to take on the territory when it was over.
- Pack agrees that while we maybe shouldn't get fully involved in worrying about the flower shop since it's a local issue, we should talk to one of the city's Elders with some clout to be sure that they know about the problem and can do something themselves.
Later Sunday Afternoon - The Face-Off
- Bob tells us that the pack with the most clout is made up of some Rank 5 Fianna whose territory spans from Big Ben/Parliament to the Tower of London - prime real estate. We can find them by going to Big Ben.
- Bob goes to the Tower of London to try to tell other Corax about what's happening so that word can be spread about this perfume.
- Pack goes to speak with Elders. Darcy takes some pictures before we knock. Door is answered and the man who answers asks for a password. We deny knowing any password, which is apparently the right answer and he lets us in and offers drinks.
- We are eventually brought to another room with an Elder in it. We are all announced - apparently they knew we were coming. Discussion about the situation ensues.
- Explain that while we did find the information we were looking for, or at least as much as we expected we'd be able to find, we had uncovered something during our investigation that we wanted to make him aware of if he wasn't already.
- Describe situation in the flower shop. He is already aware and knows just about as much as we do, but has not taken any action because he doesn't have any proof of what the perfume is used for (right?).
- We explain that we'd seen it in action on two occasions - once with the Glass Walker playing with the banes, and once with a buzzard who had been hiding his taint. Elder asks how we knew it was a buzzard then, and we explain that it is Cloudcatcher. Elder is suddenly very interested.
- Elder calls for Cloudcatcher's file to be brought. He asks which face he was using with us (apparently he can skillfully change his appearance) and shows us pictures from the file. We point out the one we know him as. Lana notices that another of the faces from the file was one from the flower shop. Darcy also explains how he had appeared in her dreams as a lion, at which the Elder raises the bounty on his head from 10,000 pounds to 100,000 pounds (aprox. $156,000).
- Elder explains that while he "doesn't have enough proof to march into someone's territory and start making accusations" he'd certinly be grateful if we'd go in and take care of things since we'd have the excuse of being on our own hunt for Cloudcatcher. He'd be willing to support our actions by making sure we're not punished in any way for whatever happens. Plus, we'd get that great bounty.
- Pack asks for some time to consider the offer. Are lead to another room - this one has a bar as well.
- Discussion ensues. Agree that we don't want a reputation as mercenaries, especially considering all the work we've done to fix our previously-broken reputation.
- Also concerned about what we're up against - not sure at all how to deal with Maytan, and there's an overall concern about numbers, espeicially considering that the pack who owns the territory is cozy with the surrounding Fianna and Glass Walkers.
- Agree to try to negotiate for more direct help from the Elders.
- Discussion is interrupted when the man who announced us knocks and tells us that Bob has been injured. We return to the Elder's office and discover that he's been treated, but is still sleeping. Was attacked when trying to talk to other Corax.
- We share our concerns with the Elder, who promises that his men will be at least able to cover our flanks both Umbral and real world side and prevent others from interfering, eliminating the threat of the other packs and anyone not currently in the shop. We decide that if we're going to take action we need to do it now - and we go.
- We send a Merlin to get the Pegasus to help.
- Send another Merlin to find Joe.
- Bob agrees to cover for us real world side in case Cloudcatcher is able to step and is ordered to give chase if he sees any raven. He is worried that he'll miss seeing our battle though, and we negotiate his compliance by giving him a mic so he can tell us if anything happens. He however, has no reciever so he can't hear us.
- Pegasus arrive, but point out that they can't get inside the building since they're too big. But they'll patrol nearby just in case.
- Lana uses her gift to track Jack - sure enough, he's still in the flower shop Umbral side, along with two others.
- Nicole gets he Origami spirit to create a distraction by getting the other spirits on the upper floor to make a huge racket while escaping the shop. They then all join together to form a huge soldier. This works and the three (Jack, Maytan, and another) come up.
- Nicole throws a brick through an already-broken window to get their attention. Pack poses, but needs two tries to get it right. Darcy (in Crinos) hows an official challenge to Cloudcatcher. They laugh and deny everything. Banter ensues.
- At some point Maytan slips up and refers to Jack (wearing the same face as last night, not our usual) as a buzzard. Darcy takes this as an admission of guilt and charges Cloudcatcher, clawing his chest open.
- Nicole throws Jack out of the building to the street. Jack tries to step sideways. Maytan grapples him so he can't, saying that the Veil cannot be broken.
- Nicole coup de graces him. When he dies, she hears a bit of prophacy in her ears.
- It is agreed that we're not in the position to take further action on the flower shop and its denizens since they didn't involve themselves in the fight.
Wrap-up happens, but we don't role-play it out. We are given two days of downtime in London, during which time the Elders insist that we see the sights. Opportunity to learn gifts, etc. During this time it is discovered that the origami spirits were willingly donating their essence.For Next Time:
Returning home, dealing with other problems, probably still clearing our name with the Corax?